Tragedy in Bomet, Deaths Reported

A 32-year-old man died on Tuesday after coming into contact with a live electric wire that had fallen into his compound in Kiplabotwo area in Bomet East Sub-County.

According to police reports, Gilbert Langat was electrocuted while attempting to dissuade children from approaching the collapsed electricity pole but he unfortunately stepped on one of the live wires.

Langat was rushed to Longisa County Referral Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

A dog was also electrocuted to death during the incident but its owner has yet to be identified. Police officers could not retrieve the dog which remained stuck to the electric cable.

Following the incident, Kenya Power personnel and police visited and processed the scene with area residents castigating the officials for failing to disconnect the power cable in time. 

Facebook Comments